Innovative double glazing windows installed in Cheltenham & Gloucestershire
Double glazing is one of the most widely used types of glazing across the UK. Comprised of two panes of glass operated by a spacer bar, a double glazed unit uses the insulating space between panes to slow the escape of warmth from a building.
Enhanced energy efficiency
We use Planitherm Total+ low emissivity glass in our double glazed units because of its exceptional insulating properties. This type of double glazing achieves an ultra low U Value of 1.4 W/m2K, significantly keeping a home warmer for longer and potentially saving you money on the cost of your energy bills.
Planitherm Total+ double glazing also uses a innovative coating to reflect excess heating in the summer but retain heat in the winter, making it perfect for naturally regulating temperature in a home.
Benefits of double glazing from Albany
- 4-6mm thick double glazing with a U Value of 1.4 W/m2K keeps heat in a home for longer
- Innovative coating reflects heat in summer, but absorbs heat in winter providing a comfortable temperature all year round
- Can reduce your energy consumption and save you up to £160 on the cost of fuel bills
- Reduces the risk of interior condensation
- Makes your home less likely to experience problems such as damp, mould and draughts
- Can be easily integrated with other glazing types such as solar control glass
Double glazed window styles
We offer double glazed windows in a range of styles, including:
All of our double glazing can be easily integrated with other types of glass such as self-cleaning glazing, solar control glazing, patterned glazing, etched glazing and coloured glazing.
Why not check out our full range of window styles?