Since 2012, burglaries across Gloucestershire have been steadily decreasing. However, when we compare last year’s burglary statistics with January 2018’s statistics we detect a slight increase. This could be why more and more Albany Windows customers are asking us what styles of front door are the safest. Let’s look at the facts:
Composite Front Doors
Leading the market in cutting-edge door technology, composite doors feature robust qualities that make them an ideal front door. With a low threshold for easy access, they are made with security in mind from the start;
- High-density foam core door slab, within a steel-reinforced uPVC frame
- Unable to be broken into even with the aid of a police battering ram!
- High quality multi-point locking system; anti-pick, anti-bump and anti-drill
- Triple glazed with optional toughened, laminated glass
- Meets enhanced security standards via Secured by Design accreditation + 10-year hardware guarantee included
uPVC and Aluminium Front Doors
- Large range of high security locks available that are anti-pick, anti-bump and anti-drill; achieving Secured by Design accreditation
- High security frame, reinforced with steel
- Double or triple glazed panels
- Side panels and toplights available
- 10-year hardware guarantee
Secured by Design
Every single product from the Albany Windows door range successfully achieves Secured by Design accreditation. Secured by Design supports principles of ‘designing out crime’ through physical security and processes. These highly acclaimed principles have been proven to reduce the risk of crime and the fear of crime in Britain, e.g.
- Secured by Design developments (those using products and materials that meet Secured by Design Standards) are up to 75% less likely to be burgled and show a reduction of 25% in criminal damage.
- The Association of British Insurers has estimated that the introduction of Secured by Design standards across the UK would bring more than £3.2 billion worth of savings to the economy over 20 years.
- High crime is one reason why people move home. One survey noted that 5.3 million people said that concern about crime levels and a desire to move to a safer location was their main reason for moving home.
70% of intruders enter through a door, including front doors, patio doors and even garage doors. So why not see for yourself how secure our composites, aluminium and uPVC front doors really are by visiting the Albany Windows Showroom? For further information on our high-quality door range, please call us on 01242 511 384 or send us a message online.